Pages

Wednesday 5 December 2012

A day at the cinema

Have you ever had the experience of going to the movies with your friends on a school day? Well, the seniors at my school was able to attend the Manaiakalani Film Festival..The Manaiakalani film festival was hosted in Sylvia Park at Hoyts. Each of the 9 Manaiakalani schools made a short movie to show on the big screen  at Hoyts.Only a few student were chosen to be in the crew to help make the movie. The teachers  only pick the really well behaved students that have self control.This year St Patrick’s only sent one movie for the film festival but next year, the teachers expect all the classes to send in at least one movie for the film festival.


It was finally the day that the seniors were going to Hoyts at Sylvia park. We were going to travel there by bus.When it was time to go to the film festival our bus was late, I was really worried that we weren’t going to make it but the teachers were working really hard to organise what was happening with the bus. When our bus finally came, Angelina and I decided to sit at the very front of the bus so that we could be the first ones out of the bus in order get a good seat that the cinema. While we were walking to Hoyts, everyone was talking very loudly and I couldn’t even hear myself talk.When we got to the cinema, there were a lot of students sitting in their seats  so many schools there sitting in there sits. Everyone was talking at the same time and I had no idea what my teacher was telling me to do because it was so loud in the cinema.

When the lights finally went out everyone was quiet and kept still.The first movie we saw really interesting and a bit funny.When it was finally the when my school’s turn to how the movie that they made, I was very nervous because I didn’t know what was going to happen or how people were going to react about the movie.When the movie was finally finished I thought that it was really great and amazing because of how the were able to make a movie that great. After a few more movies made by other school we had go get out of the cinema because their were other schools that were going to see it, the teachers had to count how many children were there to see if anyone was missing.When we all got on the bus my partner and I decided to go to the back of the bus this time, on the bus ride back to school everyone was talking about what movie they liked the most and why.When we got back to school the teacher said that we could play for a few minutes on the playground, when it was time to get back in class all the classes went to the website where we could watch the other movies that we didn’t watch at the cinema.

My teacher set my class a task that we had to write a review about one of the movies that we recommend.On Friday Miss Grant came to our class and helped us to post our review on to our blogs

I think that the Film Festival was the really cool and I can’t wait for next year’s Film Festival, and I hope that I can be in it.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome, Tricia :) I enjoyed reading your writing.

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.