Pages

Tuesday 4 December 2012

A day at the beach



Have you ever been so cold that your teeth are chattering away and you can’t stop or talk at all ?
Well, that’s what happened to me while I was swimming.

Well, it all started when I woke up on Saturday in the morning. I woke up at 9:42 am because I slept really late the night before watching a really scary movie with my dad. When I finished making my bed, I went out of my room for breakfast. When I went into the kitchen I saw my mum and dad cooking. I asked my mum why they were are cooking a lot of food for breakfast and they said that it wasn’t just for us it is also for your cousins they are going to the beach with us today, I didn’t know that we’re going to the beach I go swimming I asked my mum and she said yes because we would get to go swimming while the adults go fishing.

I started to pack all the stuff that I needed for the beach and I decide to use the pirate towel that I got for christmas last year I also decide to bring my phone to listen to music if I was getting bored or dizzy in the car, when I finished packing I help mum to pack the food for the two hour trip to the beach. While we were driving to the beach, when were half way there I fell asleep because I was still tired and sleepy,

When I woke up we were halfway to our destination. I spent the rest of the time listening to the radio on my phone. When we were only fifteen minutes away, my dad decided to stop at the supermarket to buy some batteries for his flashlight. Went in with him and I bought some lollies and gum, my dad also decide to buy some ice-cream that we can eat on the beach while we are waiting. When we got back in the car I gave some lollies to my sister.

When we got to the beach I went straight  to the water to see if it is cold or warm, it was really cold but I didn’t mind. When I told my mum it was cold she thought that we might get sick, but I told her that it was ok then I went to change into my togs. When I finished changing, I went straight to the water and went for a swim at first it was really cold but then in a few minutes it was warm, when I decide to go and eat some snacks my thought that I had finished swimming but I told her that I just wanted a snack to eat before I get back in the water. When I got in the water it was really cold and I could feel it before I even touched it.

While I was swimming my dad asked me if I could pull in the cage that they use to catch crabs when I pulled it in it was really cool because there were small crabs in the cage, there were around six to eight baby crabs. My dad thought that it was really cool too then he asked me to put the cage back into the water so I did and I also I put the little crabs in a bucket with a little bit of sand and water to keep them alive. When I went back into the water my sister was still on the sand looking for shells and building sandcastles, so I told her to go swimming but she said that she didn’t want to swim because the water was really cold. And I said fine it’s your decision so I went back into the water to go for a swim. Then my dad told me to pull the cage in again but there were no baby crabs in it. When I finished swimming I changed into my warm clothes, then I went in the car to take a nap. When I woke up everyone was packing up so I joined in and helped out. We then drove home and went straight to bed.

I had such a great and fun day yesterday, I can’t wait for the next time I go swimming or fishing with my family.

2 comments:

Gabster said...

Yes I have had that feeling tricia cool recount ;)

Anonymous said...

Thanks

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.